Author Topic: Hello From Wales and also a For Sale Advert  (Read 643 times)

Offline geoff

• Active
Hello From Wales and also a For Sale Advert
« on: 16.02. 2019 11:50 »

Hello and by way of introduction I'm Geoff from South Wales, UK

My association with BSA started some decades ago when I was about eleven years old and rode Bantams on the local common and up on the mountain. Later years found my motorcycling  taking on a distinct Japanese flavour interspersed with several Italian and German machines and a few Triumph twins and a Triple thrown in for good measure.

As a young adult living at home a friend intrduced me to a bloke who offered me two A10's for free as long as I could get them away before the weekend - his wife was threatening divorce otherwise. Yippeee I was happy to oblige !!

Both bikes were totally stripped down but in good order even the chrome, one was a Super Rocket and the other was a standard A10 but in the pile was an RRT2 box and some other decent items, tickle rings a bell somewhere.

Anyway I put all the goodies in my Grandfathers barn under a heavy layer of grease and a tarp waiting for when I was to get my own home and workshop. Four years went by and my grandfather died, his son got the scrappy in a few days later to clear out as he wanted to sell the property and out with the scrappy went all of my goodies, I was devastated.

Fast forward a number of decades and my ( very old and frail ) father bought an A7 that was dressed to look a bit like a RGS but with flat bars and whilst he couldn't ride it all he wanted to do was to look at it and occasionally polish it, this is how things stood for a few years and then he died and left the bike to me as he knew I liked bikes ( I have a Douglas T35 and a Velo Valiant ) and of course he remembered my two earlier scrapped A10's.

This is I guess where the introduction turns into an advert I suppose ....

Initially I was pleased to have the bike but having transported it to my home I realised that it would simply be too heavy for me to haul around and even to kick over as I've had spinal slicing and dicing done, a kick back for example would likely leave me in bed for a week so the sensible thing is for me to sell it.

I'll put up a photo here just to complete the hello and will then open a for sale posting.

Thanks to all for looking and the indulgence, a pity I couldn't have stayed more long term as it looks a good Forum.

Cheers, Geoff

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Hello From Wales and also a For Sale Advert
« Reply #1 on: 16.02. 2019 19:27 »
G'day Geoff.
That's a real nice looking bike mate. Shame it came along under those circumstances.
I was in a similar physical state a few years ago with a couple of blown discs. Had three vertebra fused and now can boot the 10.5:1 A10 over easy.
Even if you do sell your more than welcome to stay, it is an excellent forum/family.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline geoff

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 17.02. 2019 08:49 »
Morning Muskrat and thanks for the welcome !

Certainly is a good Forum I first became a lurker about ten months ago and had a good read of the as yet unread posts of which there were a couple of hundred and I think I whittled them down to around 130 left which was good going. I held off with a formal introduction as I couldn't decide whether I'd manage to handle the bike and ultimately as you now know I decided to sell.

It is reassuring to hear of your spinal progress it gives me some cheer to think I could get to the same position, my Velo Valliant I can cope with ok at the moment but the Douglas is impossible - putting it on the main stand is a job worthy of a medal for me. To do so I need to run the rear wheel over a 2" timber nd even then it is a grunt so that one stays in the garage for now.

I'll probably stay around discretely in the background if you don't mind it will continue to be an interesting read I'm sure.

I've put the A7 on eBay and have been inundated with eager enquiries and offers. I have a gentleman coming on Monday to view and I think he will have the bike if not there are others who will and I'll be pleased to pass on the address to this Forum so you might find there will be another member and introduction quite soon.

Regards to all,

Geoff.

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 17.02. 2019 10:15 »
 *good3*
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline a

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 17.02. 2019 23:20 »
Welcome Geoff, Good luck with the sale, Great looking bike *beer*

Offline geoff

• Active
« Reply #5 on: 18.02. 2019 13:33 »

Thanks Mike  *beer*

Offline RayC10

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #6 on: 18.02. 2019 17:30 »
Tax disc is on the wrong side....that is a lovely thing but if that tank is genuine I couldn't afford it :)