Author Topic: A10/7 Alloy engine plates  (Read 441 times)

Offline zurferjoe

• Moving Up
  • Trying to make my A10 faster
A10/7 Alloy engine plates
« on: 19.08. 2018 10:45 »
Someone was looking for A10/7 alloy engine plates ,Unity Equipe in the Uk sell them and are Top .
The older you get , the faster you were !First picture of the BSA A10 alloy barrel !!

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
Re: A10/7 Alloy engine plates
« Reply #1 on: 19.08. 2018 13:01 »
I think bantom john has got all unity stuff now,  I will say no more *razz*

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: 19.08. 2018 20:36 »
G'day Joe.
Do you have those plates or just found on the net? Their just flat without the kink. I'd imagine that is what the spacers are for.
I made my own out of 1/4" Dural plate 26 years ago (two bits welded together to make the kink) and still in use on my Cafe. Saved a few pounds of weight and just as strong if not more as the steel originals.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 20.08. 2018 00:44 »
Be interesting the price, However in this day and age with tech, would be easy to make.  I have 3 bandsaws (Small med & large)  but currently you SCAN the part and a cad/cam machine can laser or water jet cut out these in a few minutes.  Volume pays dividends, so in the past its always been my practice when paying a fab or metal supplier to make parts,,  Might as well make 10 sets for the shelf, and another pile to sell to fund the endeavor.

**  I can make my own, but would save me buckets of time & effort if I could find a set of plates to mount a Preunit Triumph motor and trans in a PU Swing arm BSA Frame, I would happily compensate or pay a reward for tracings or a scan of some.**

Here is some other plates from an old race shops collection, the former owner was a well known fab and builder of race frames, Flat track, TT and such.   There are box sections for swing arms for various styles,
and mount plates as well.   (Champion, Redline, Trackmaster etc etc)
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.