Author Topic: wanted, or as the young say,I NEED!!! (engine plates)  (Read 469 times)

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
long shot maybe, does anybody have any engine plates that will fit a notrun slimline frame and a pre unit 500/650 bsa engine and gearbox. I would either like to buy some or if there is a set hanging around in someones collection I could travel uk 100miles radius of chesterfield to make a drawing of them and make some up....... last resort is unity equip but they are pricey and this budget has already  reached the cheese in the moon *roll* *help*

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
Re: wanted, or as the young say,I NEED!!!
« Reply #1 on: 03.04. 2018 11:11 »
Maybe???    *dunno* *dunno* *computer*

First of all, Unity went out of business was what I heard a few years back, Jackie went from being a good friend and always helpful to shrill and manic and then at some point I heard they closed. If not I apologize but pretty sure they are gone.

I am not sure I can help with EXACTLY what you need but might get you *close*   *work*

I have a variety of NotRun-Norton mount plates for Singles and twins (As well as a LOT of Nortons) and can trace them for you.  (Trans plates as well)  I also have preunit Triumph as well, And I believe a complete collection of preunit twins and singles BSA plates for a variety of frames (Rigid-plunger and swing arm) but I have not verified them all, But happy to provide tracings of them as well.

It would be up to you to meld the BSA-Norton plates together for a hybrid-custom.  Not hard to do, but time consuming (Start with file folder paper, cardboard, then transfer to thin wood or Hardy board and test fit repeatedly then make your own plates out of steel or alloy.

I can post photos too..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am in need/desire for similar for Preunit Triumph twins using A) Triumph Trans B) BSA Trans into Swing arm BSA A10 type frames.  I will eventually make my own if I cant find any, but thought I would throw it out there myself.
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Online Bsareg

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 03.04. 2018 14:07 »
Apparently,  Bantam John has bought out Unity and continuing the business.
Helston, Cornwall C11,B40,B44 Victor,A10,RGS,M21,Rocket3,REBSA

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #3 on: 03.04. 2018 15:00 »
O no not b-st--d john hes only 4 miles from me and most people want to kill him, before I was on the internet I was stuck for a 7 barrels and pistons, after spending fortunes on fone calls and travelling about I ended up at his place. he wanted 1200 pound for the mentioned items and I reluctantly paid him a 1000 because I was stuck, a few months later loads of barrels appeared on ebay , the barrels are standard and the pistons genuine BSA and i was reluctant to use them after I came back down to earth. anyway the internet has now provided me another set of standard barrels for 380 pound and  some on +40 for 320. SLUGO if I get  stuck I will be in touch thanks for your help