Author Topic: A7/A10 Rigid. Rear guard stay/handle. Wanted, example to copy UK  (Read 560 times)

Offline spanersc

• A's Good Friend
  • Cambridgeshire. UK
Hi All.  As I progress slowly with my Rigid project, I have still been unable to source a correct rear stay/handle, part number 67-6755. The Indians who produce the rear guard only seem to make the stay/handle for the 'B' series, which is similar but not the same!
So, I'm thinking that I will have to manufacture one to suit which doesn't look to difficult if I had one to copy. So, heres my question, are there any rigid owners in the Home Counties or East Anglian that would allow me to measure the dimensions, perhaps draw around the top curve and take some detailed photos to achieve this goal?  This would be a great help and much appreciated. Unless of course, someone happens to have an original handle surplus to their needs!!!!!!!!!!
Many Thanks
Peter C    Cambridgeshire. UK   1935 Blue Star. 1936 M23 Empire-Star, 1938 B24 Empire-Star. 1939 M23 Silver-Star. 1950 A7 Rigid.  1952 A7ST.   1953 A10 Super Flash.  1954 A7ST.  1955 A7SS. 1956 A10RR.  1962 RGS.  1962 DBD34

Offline Senno

• Active
Hello,I am in Rutland,and I have a 48 A7 longstroke,you are welcome to come and measure/photograph that if it helps. Cheers John

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
Photos with measurements would be most welcome if you were to take pictures and measurements. I dont need to see in person, touch, taste or smell them,  But good photos and measurements for all the stands, brackets and braces would be invaluable as a resource IMHO.
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.