Author Topic: Matchless 1955 G80CS compy basket case, OR Norton Bobber.  (Read 496 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
Downsizing my parts and project collection, But I have the following I have no use for and would like to see it back on the road in some fashion.  This may be a bit odd but bear with me.

Option A)  I have a front frame section I am told is a 1955 Matchless G80CS competition frame.  It  is a bare frame but in nice condition.  I also have a rear section for it that appears to be correct.Also the 2 bottom frame pieces that bolt in. And a set of Matchless teledraulic forks. The forks did not come with the frame and are slightly extended length and were on a Norton chopper that was purchased at the INOA rally last year.  Same forks as many Matchless/AJS models as well as Norton P11.  I also have a large roundish Matchless tank that fits the frame but might be G9 as well. The compy models used the narrow tank but this tank WILL fit the frame.    It is possible I MIGHT have some engine/trans mount plates for this bike but not sure yet and trying to ID them. So maybe yes-maybe no on the mount plates.

So, NO WHEELS, No oil tank, battery box or motor or trans or other bits.  My thinking is, perhaps someone out there has a pile of Matchless-AJS bits and between the 2 of us a viable bike could be built.  I know a local guy who says he has motors and trans and other bits but I am not clear on whether he is willing to sell any of that stuff.  It is possible.. I cant speak for him but he has a lot of stuff.

Option B) I dis some measuring and playing around and there is  a very good chance of building this pile of parts into a 750 Norton hard tail bobber.  So, I have a Triumph hardtail rear frame section and it actually bolts right up to the Matchless frame.  Makes a nice 1940s style rigid frame.  I can supply a Norton Atlas Motor and trans as well as Norton F&R wheels and some other parts and would be a really cool project for someone.  I laid out all the parts and will take pictures Saturday and update the ad.  I know this is upsetting for some, but for the right person this could be a really fun build and chance to create something very cool.  Any idiot can build a Triumph Chopper but really cool Matchless and Norton bobbers are few and far between.

Option A) $850 with Notarized Bill of sale.  Possible I can do a DMV Vin inspection as well but thats complicated. (Ask me why)
Option B)  $2000   
Some flexibility one way or another with what is included, But I can also supply a wide variety of tech materials as well as parts to make this work.

Cheers...
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.