Author Topic: Victor Horseman, Liverpool BSA dealer, 1955 film "Rode Safely"  (Read 1017 times)

Online JulianS

• 1962 A10
  • Wise & Enlightened
From Youtube, 1955 film made by Liverpool dealer Vic Horseman, "Rode Safely" road safety film.

Contemporary shots of BSA A twins.

There is a part 2, also to be found on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoKYJf16fk

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
Some excellently cut 'mishaps' in that. Marvelous.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline edboy

• Resident Legend
my plunger was originally okb307 registered with victor. notice the liverpool reg numbers kb on cars and bikes in the video.sadly i was given a different number by dvla.

Online KiwiGF

• Last had an A10 in 1976, in 2011 it was time for my 2nd one. It was the project from HELL (but I learned a lot....)
  • Wise & Enlightened
my plunger was originally okb307 registered with victor. notice the liverpool reg numbers kb on cars and bikes in the video.sadly i was given a different number by dvla.

My 56 was delivered by bsa to victor, and appears to have then been exported new to nz, odd!
New Zealand

1956 A10 Golden Flash  (1st finished project)
1949 B31 rigid “400cc”  (2nd finished project)
1968 B44 Victor Special (3rd finished project)
2001 GL1800 Goldwing, well, the wife likes it
2009 KTM 990 Adventure, cos it’s 100% nuts

Offline edboy

• Resident Legend
not really, if you remember liverpool was a major port in the 1950,s  .

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
I had the pleasure of working for Victor Horsmans ( both car and bike depts ) in the 60's. I can confirm it was quite common for us to send bikes all round the world . Infact a family friend who worked for American Lines bought a Bonnie from me via them and took it back to the states on the deck of the" American builder " suitably secured ,it arrived safe and sound but I expect wasn't on the authorities radar.
Eric Lambert MD ran a driving school from the dealership and really involved in road safety ,the film unit was there own and there was a cinema in the building ,they designed and used a Trainer for young car drivers and also had a closed site in Liverpool 8 where they laid out roads ,jctions traffic lights etc to make the training safer .
Horsman were main retail BSA/Tri dealers ,plus velo Yamaha Lambretta and amc ,Eric Lambert  the MD on those films took part in the Monty quite few times and the Manx GP winners bike was usually displayed in the showroom after it's return from the Island ..
I'm pretty sure I met Victor horsman when he visited the shop and as proof of that gentlemans engineering skill I was asked to open up the ground floor as a showroom this needed a lift and they budgeted for anew one Horsmans engineer/driving school boss spotted the lift Victor had made himself ,came in over the weekend and after a new motor and chains were fitted we had a marvelous car lift which never let us down.
Lambert had a big wedge in AMC and when they hit the fan he lost a large amount.
I started there when I was 17 and loved every single day I was there ,the building is still there but it really saddens me when I drive past these days !! *sad* *sad*
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
Riding gear sure has changed.

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Mostly ex service stuff in the '50's early 60's
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom