Author Topic: Technical services  (Read 957 times)

Offline frozennorth

• Active
Technical services
« on: 08.01. 2017 15:02 »
While standing in our workshops overhauling the carburettors for my own bike the other day, it occurred to me that our company has a range of capabilities which could be useful to members.

We can provide a full range of engineering (and woodworking if you need help with your sidecar etc!) services, our charges are reasonable, and advice is free!

If we can help, give us a call on 01241 879403 or 07818 818262 (UK numbers), or email us at johnsengineering@btinternet.com.

Cheers,
John

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Technical services
« Reply #1 on: 08.01. 2017 16:31 »
John,

Welcome to the forum. I think folks would be interested in your website which I found at: http://www.johnsengineering.co.uk/index_files/Page591.htm

Can you offer a little more about your involvement with A7's and A10's? I noticed, on your site, work on an A10 gearbox.  Are you an owner?

Looking at the picture of the Angus region of Scotland (as shown on your site), I wish the countryside around me looked like that. Great riding, assuming the roads are ever dry.

Richard L.

Offline frozennorth

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 08.01. 2017 16:51 »
Hello Richard,

thanks for the welcome and for posting the link; I have owned a variety of BSAs since I was a schoolboy and still have a few of them, they just always stick around... I've owned my A7 since around 1983, it's a 1960 iron engine, nice and original with all the correct tinware etc, and now going through a comprehensive overhaul after doing about a zillion miles..

Yes, the roads around here are great riding in Summer and usually quite quiet; ideal for old bike riding, but not the best just now!

All the best,
John

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 08.01. 2017 19:29 »
G'day John,  *welcome*.
Sounds like my story as well. Getting interested in engineering by having to keep my bikes on the go as a 8 year old. Gee I wish this place (forum) was around then.
I'm sure your expertise will be handy to quite a few of us. Thanks for posting.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline frozennorth

• Active
« Reply #4 on: 09.01. 2017 11:02 »
Thanks Musky, nice A7! your story sounds much like mine, in my case it all started with that BSA Dandy, which gave plenty of opportunities to learn...

I thought I should give a bit more information on what we can do, so briefly:

We cover design, machining, fabrication, polishing and coating, restoration and repair; and we work in ferrous and non-ferrous metals, plastics, composites and timber. We can also handle small - scale casting and moulding where necessary. Many, many years of experience, backed up by formal qualifications from trades (City & Guilds of London) to Masters degrees.

Give us a shout if we can help;

cheers,
John

Offline terryg

• Resident Legend
    • thecarshipenterprise
« Reply #5 on: 09.01. 2017 13:45 »
I was in Inverkeilor and Friockheim just before Christmas. Pity I didn't know you were so close by.
At that time Angus was warmer than here in south east England.
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS