Author Topic: Late A7/10 1960-63 Rear mudguard/fender for sale  (Read 431 times)

Offline Blackcat

• Active
As I’ve now finished assembly of the cycle parts of my 1960 BSA A10 I have a rear mudguard/fender surplus to requirements.

I believe the guard to be a late A7/10 1960-63 type. It has no indent along the rolled edges for earlier type rear stays to be fitted so must use later ‘arrow’ head stays. The seat strengthening bracket and cable retainers are all present and in good order. These mudguards are very rare now as only the earlier 1954-9 type are available as pattern parts. It has a few non-standard holes which you may need to weld up but is a good sound part. The guard has been welded at the gearbox end in the past but this is hidden inside the guard and will be invisible when fitted. I believe there was a UK version and a shorter US version made which may vary in some details. The length is 31 and ¼ inches from outer edge to outer edge. See photos.

I want £85 cash [this is what I paid for it in 2009], buyer collects. I live in Surrey, 15 minutes from Junction 8 of the M25. I may consider posting ‘in extremis’ [as it’s a lot of work to wrap up etc] but those who can collect get priority.

mod edit: email removed, email can be seen by members only. saves you from any spam. Members can email or PM.

if you are interested.

Regards

Martin