Author Topic: Spring is nearly sprung.  (Read 412 times)

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
Spring is nearly sprung.
« on: 14.03. 2016 10:07 »
Pulled my A10 out from under covers in the car-port yesterday. It’s been out there all neglected for maybe around 4 months now. I was concerned to find the bike quite wet under there – presumably condensation from a recent change in temperatures. Fortunately the wipe down with an oily rag before I laid her up had kept the worst of any corrosion at bay.

So went around with the oily rag again and then pumped the tyres. Battery was turtally dead of course. Fuel in the tank was as I’d left it. On with the taps. Cleared the clutch and then tickled up. Fired up first kick and then settled into a healthy idle as she warmed and I eased off the choke slide. Popped indoors, stuck on my puddin’ basin and went for a ride around the block. What great ride, a real sweet bike. Came back with a real wide grin – ear to there. Reinvigorated and ready to stick the ghastly Bantam back up on the table in the garage.

Roll on summer.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Spring is nearly sprung.
« Reply #1 on: 14.03. 2016 11:16 »
Thank you; you've made me want to get mine back on the road.  *smile*
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Resident Legend
  • The A7
Re: Spring is nearly sprung.
« Reply #2 on: 14.03. 2016 11:31 »
Fired up both the A10 and A7 yesterday. A10 a pig to start it hates the cold and being left for any time (2 weeks), once she is running she was fine and went around the block lovely.  The A7 started first kick (same idle period as the A10) but will not tick over till warm, once warm again around the block she went. So put them both back to bed as I leave for my visit tomorrow  *smile* *smile* *smile*
1961 A7 since 1976, 1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project, 1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger
1950 Triumph T100, 1981 Ducati Pantah 500, 1959 AJS model 20