Author Topic: BSA A10 unleaded fuel?  (Read 5494 times)

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: BSA A10 unleaded fuel?
« Reply #15 on: 01.04. 2016 09:41 »
Back off musky boy... in years to come your grandkids will thank our 'greenies'... thanks to them they MAY have a World to ride in!!!
If it's left to the brainless, we're stuffed!

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #16 on: 01.04. 2016 09:56 »
on a bike with no catalytic converter (eg all of mine) unleaded is poking out far worse toxins than lead.
Whereas a methanol engine on castor oil, smells great and no nasties  ;)

Nothing wrong with 100 octane leaded  *clap* doesnt go off in the tank and gum up the pilot jets

A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #17 on: 01.04. 2016 12:03 »
Sorry Jules, looks like they are canning the planed motorsports park up in Nowra because they (greenies) found a leefless orchid. Millions $ had already been spent and it was in it's final stages. It would have created local jobs and brought in millions $ to the local economy. I was hoping to give my cafe one last fling on a track with some real fuel (brotherinlaw's got a still).
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 01.04. 2016 12:42 »
(brotherinlaw's got a still).

and your gona burn it ??? *problem*
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 01.04. 2016 13:55 »
Yeah that's madness Muskrat. There IS a balance... if we could only see through the simplistic rhetoric on both sides.

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #20 on: 04.04. 2016 14:13 »
No there isn't.
When you have an ego as big as all of these saviours of humanity.
We can grow watermellons in outer space but aparently it is impossible  to plant some wild flowers some where else.
However LJ Hooker will have no problems running the D9's over them in order to build another 200 McMansions.

The same idoicy has happened with the not so Great Western Highway.
They are going to try and force 4 lanes down the Victoria Pass with the 9 dangerious switchback hairpin bends at a cost 3 times what the best route was to again save a "rare" local variation of a common orchid which so I have heard is a mutation caused by toxic waste from the old shale oil mines & coal mines.
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #21 on: 04.04. 2016 15:24 »
I hope it makes you guys fell a little better if I tell you that it happens over here as well . We had a massive problem in Crosby due to schools , basically  the school run closed Crosby/thornton twice a day and the through road being a major route from North Sefton to Liverpool and the motorways couldn't cope even in normal traffic . A relief road was suggested ...28 yrs ago ,it opened in November 2015 !! It didn't run the full distance ,instead ending at one of the very bottlenecks it was supposed to remove due to a colony of naterjack toads ,  was over budget and 8 mths behind schedule due to the route used encountering tributaries of the Alt no less than 6 times , which needed extra drainage work and ponds created to stop flooding . It was also only 2 lanes not the 4 planned, all in all a complete cockup.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #22 on: 04.04. 2016 17:57 »
The School run - twice a day the country almost grinds to a halt, why not go back to bus's and legs .
Do I sound like an old fossil - good, you can learn a lot from a fossil
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco