Author Topic: trading?  (Read 430 times)

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
trading?
« on: 18.06. 2016 19:31 »
 Im not sure if anyone does this on this board or not, so I could be way off base.

I finally got my engine cases back from the engineer who did the bushings. When I went to him, he wanted to use his own stock instead of what I had brought him, which I understand. It takes money to keep a brick and mortar shop open, buying parts from him is a major portion of that money.

So now I have a few spare things.

Brand new timing side bush, this is the solid leaded bronze type. I purchased this on the recommendation of some of this boards members from a man who makes them in England. I had him leave extra meat inside the bushing to make sure it would clean to 100%.

I also have a new drive side bearing, it is the plastic cage type.

I had the crank ground by a reputable firm close to home, unfortunately when measured they had ground a .0008 taper in my mains. How this happen I dont know. Crank reground to -20, but that leaves me a new set of Glacier -10 rod bearings.

I have a brand new (SRM) oil pump worm gear and oil pump drive gear, also a new oil pump drive side end housing from draganfly. I thought I could save my old oil pump, but it was a no-go. After careful measuring on a surface plate, I found the main housing was twisted and thats why it would bind.

Last week by chance I came across an add for old bike parts, and now I have 3 inner primary covers. 2 would be good replacement parts, one is a wall hanger if anyone needs one.

I am looking for a pair of front fender mounts, the two T shaped parts that bolt to the fork legs for a 1958 swing arm bike.

Also a swing arm lift handle, and a rear number plate housing/tail light.

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.