Author Topic: Wanted, early type cylinder head  (Read 608 times)

Offline TT John

• A's Good Friend
Wanted, early type cylinder head
« on: 05.05. 2015 10:06 »
Wanted: I am looking for the early type  cylinder head for an A10  Golden Flash, plunger as used on the 52 -57 models, cash waiting for a good one.

Regards TTJohn

Offline beeza_bloke

• Active
Re: Wanted, early type cylinder head
« Reply #1 on: 06.05. 2015 12:32 »
Hi TT John,

I have a cylinder head that you may be interested in, it's for the early A10's cast iron with rounded shape cooling fins part number 67-251.
it is in a reasonably good condition, but has one fin broken, - I have the broken bit, so it could be easily repaired by a competent welder and returned to service.
I have some pictures which I could not download onto this forum, but if you are interested let me know your e-mail address and I will send them to you.

Regards,
Richard

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 06.05. 2015 13:03 »
First, Richard, welcome to the forum. *welcome* Looking forward to a bit of introduction, cause we are a friendly group and enjoy learning how other members became A7/A10 owners or enthusiasts. Then, when posting is possible, photos are appreciated because, obviously, we can't get enough of this.

Second, John, I know where you could find some copper rocker box gaskets to go with that head. *smile* Funny you should be looking for an iron head, because I was wondering about getting enough torque on bolts in alloy to compress copper gaskets.

Richard L.

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 06.05. 2015 14:55 »
RichardL, I believe that the early rocker boxes were different; they were in two parts, so those gaskets may not be useful to TTJohn.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 06.05. 2015 16:08 »
Interesting.

beeza_bloke post moved to http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=9395.msg67987

Offline beeza_bloke

• Active
« Reply #5 on: 10.05. 2015 06:45 »
Hello TT john,
With some advice from a very helpful forum member down under, I now know how to attach photos, so please see these of a cylinder head that may be of use to you. Regards beeza_bloke

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 10.05. 2015 08:54 »

GrayBeezerd(whoops sorry, messed that up *smile*)-
RichardL, I believe that the early rocker boxes were different; they were in two parts, so those gaskets may not be useful to TTJohn.

I think I know what you mean, but I think maybe yo're  thinking of the A7 Vertical Twin(Longstroke)...which are two separate R.Boxes... ?

TTJ asked for A10..but...I've been wrong before *conf*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia