Author Topic: Unable to access forum... (IP ban ?)  (Read 1796 times)

Offline bsarider

• A's Good Friend
Unable to access forum... (IP ban ?)
« on: 07.02. 2011 16:02 »
I have a new message when I try and access the forum via AOL it says I am not authorised to access with this server.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /BSA/forum/index.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny9 with Suhosin-Patch Server at www.*

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Re: Unable to access forum (IP ban ?)
« Reply #1 on: 07.02. 2011 16:42 »
Thanks for the info. Was some heavy spam attempts from an aol ip range, were blocked, which by chance included your ip. Sorry for the problem, but at least I see the blocking works. 'Open for business' now, try and let me know if it's ok.

This could happen again now and then over time, trying my utmost to check banned ip blocks against ip's used by members, but I'm only human..., + ususally this work is done late at night. PS, do not expect to reach the forum if you're on holiday in like Russia, Ukraine, China etc.

Any member getting the 'Forbidden' or 'banned' message (or being redirected to some strange website ;) log on from a different place\internet provider or mobile\proxy, and post about it \ send me an email\pm and it'll get fixed as soon as I read it.

Thanks
e
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline bsarider

• A's Good Friend
Re: Unable to access forum (IP ban ?)
« Reply #2 on: 08.02. 2011 20:18 »
Thanks for the help working fine now. Alan