Author Topic: and .. one more :-)  (Read 1256 times)

Offline aaparmeggiani

• Active
and .. one more :-)
« on: 16.12. 2010 01:02 »
Hi All,

Let me start by thanking Erling for accepting my registration and how cool is to have found this Forum.

My story with this lovely machines started when my Dad decided to buy and restore a BSA .. and it had to be a 650 twin.   They used to sell them brand new in Brazil back in the 50's and nowadays you still can find bits and pieces lost in forgotten basements over there.

That was three years ago and, despite liking some pictures of what it should be, I had no idea of how he would make the transformation happen. I would discover part of it later, when I had to look for and buy parts, sometimes not having an clue of their shape or function  :-)    Last year I had the chance to see it live for the 1st time and ride it to the point of getting confident on the streets like any other bike (yes, I know about the breakes :-)  Unforgettably amazing!

Well, I'm here probably much more to listen than to say and it's a real shame my Dad doesn't speak any english to be able to join the forum too. 

Thanks once again,
Andre

bike: BSA A10 Golden Flash 1951

Offline Stu55Flash

• A's Good Friend
    • Flash Resto
Re: and .. one more :-)
« Reply #1 on: 16.12. 2010 09:26 »
Andre

Really nice job of the bike. Photographed in a nice setting. Maybe a good one for the photo competition? I see you've fitted indicators which also look in keeping with the bike. Do these run on 6v or have you or your Dad converted to 12v? I'm in the process of fitting some LED indicators to my 1955 flash running at 6v. I will post some photos when finished.

O and welcome to the forum.

Stu
"Keep a distance from lady "L" drivers in cars. Some are not mechanically minded, are slow to acquire road sense, an are apt to panic..." The Pitman Book of the BSA Twins.
Golden Flash Plunger 1955, Francis Barnett Falcon 67 1954, Ferguson TEA Tractor 1951. Looking for another project!

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: 16.12. 2010 10:52 »
G'day Andre,
                     welcome to the forum. Tell your dad well done. I'm sure if he has any ? you could translate for him.
Yes they are addictive, bet you will have one or two before too long.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #3 on: 16.12. 2010 17:34 »
Welcome, nice story & very nice bike. Good work. & Hoping you will like the forum and that your father may even try posting, using some translation tool on the web ?

For reading the forum, here's an example, I'm no expert in this, but seem to got it to work, for the portuguese brazilian translation, try this link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=pt-BR&sl=en&u=http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php

Will surely give many funny sentences, but I'd guess much will be correct and readable.

e

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline aaparmeggiani

• Active
« Reply #4 on: 16.12. 2010 21:38 »

Thanks, Stu.  I've just uploaded it for the contest ;-)

Yep, the indicators are required by law to be able to register it as a normal vehicle. (non-collector)
The break light was upgraded for a newer year as the original was too small.
We tried a balance among originality x safety/usability as Dad did it to ride.

It was converted to 12v throughout.   
As we couldn't recover the regulator box we went for an electronic one.

a10gf - I've tried the link and apart from the tech terms, it seems alright. 
          Actually it's good enough to try it on Dad :-)))  Cheers!