Author Topic: MERRY XMAS  (Read 2954 times)

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
MERRY XMAS
« on: 20.12. 2009 23:06 »
I just wanted to take the opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Xmas.

If you are travelling over the break drive (or ride) carefully, we want all the members back safe and sound next year.

I am hoping for a better Xmas this year, Santa has let me down badly in the past. Every year I get up Xmas morning and rush out to look under the tree hoping to find a nice Rocket Gold Star, but so far nothing. Maybe this year.........................................................

Brian.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: MERRY XMAS
« Reply #1 on: 21.12. 2009 09:49 »
Thanks Brian and Seasonal Greetings to you too.

Why don't you try something a bit different this year.  Maybe a bit of "Happy Clapping" whilst shouting "I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE".  Who knows....It might work....It must be worth a try for a RGS!!

Yes, also from me, a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all our members.

Beezageezauk.

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 21.12. 2009 12:38 »
Ah Brian your looking in the wrong place Gold Stars are found on the TOP of the tree, be careful what you wish for though as sometimes there's a fairy up there too  *smile*

Beezageezauk I believe, I find I think about the Hereafter a lot these days, I can walk into any room in my house and think "what am I hereafter" *smile*

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #3 on: 21.12. 2009 13:25 »
Thanks, the same to all here, and thanks to all members (trough all the friendly behavior and great topics and posts) for making this forum such a nice place !
erling

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline rocket man

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 21.12. 2009 18:57 »
merry christmas and a happy new year to you all and all the people who keep this site going  *beer* *yeah* *yeah* *yeah* *yeah*

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 21.12. 2009 19:42 »
Best wishes to All for this Christmas and New Year and many more to Come!!
I think ye might like this att!!!!!
Cheers
John O R
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 21.12. 2009 22:38 »
 *smile* And let me add my best wishes to all my fellow forum members for happy and safe holidays. *smile*

For those of you new since Christmas 2007, please enjoy the attached greeting card for the first time. For the rest, you've already forgotten it, so, please accept the greeting it sends, once again.

Dave (rocket man), I've no doubt that Erling (our administrator) would gratiously say "It's the members that make the forum work." However, in honesty, he does all of the heavy computer work, with yeoman duty by LJ as our moderator of civility. Kudos to both. I know it seems like there should be more people involved because it works so well and offers so much.

Richard.L

P.S. Click on the picture to enlarge.
[img]

Richard

« Reply #7 on: 23.12. 2009 18:35 »
I would like to wish all my friends and aquintances on this superb forum a Very Merry Christmas and all the very best Biking and writing in the new Year.
Richard

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 23.12. 2009 21:15 »
I would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Christmas and New Year.

Brian,
             I would like to give you an RGS but I only have one and it is not very pretty at the moment.
Here is a picture of it twenty years ago after I restored it complete with incorrect rear guard, tail light and stays.
I now have the right ones but have to get around to fitting them.

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #9 on: 23.12. 2009 22:43 »
Trev, are you sure you only have one, have a look in your shed just in case !

Rear guard might be wrong but it is still a nice looking bike. After seeing those pictures of the Super Flash I reckon I would be happy with one of them. I like the unvalanced guards, seperate headlight and the rod operated rear brake/8" single sided front. I suppose some would argue the Super Flash doesnt have thick flange barrels or the big journal crank but I havent broken my plunger A10 yet and of course you could fit those items to a Super Flash.

Being here is South Aus maybe I should keep an eye out for one of the late Police models with the four lug frame.

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 24.12. 2009 01:55 »
Brian,
             I looked but couldn't find another.
The ex cop Flash sounds like a good idea.
Here's another picture to cheer you up. Taken at Port Stephens, N.S.W. some years ago. Mine is the front one.
Things are everywhere around here. Ho, Ho, Ho.
Trev.

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 24.12. 2009 12:30 »
A Merry Christmas to all of you
This from the Brit_Iron list, apologies if you've already read it.

The Night Before Christmas By Kathy Gehrhardt 
T'was the night before Christmas at the motorcycle store. The salesclerks were gone; they'd locked up the door. Back in service, the tools were hung with great care, The floors had been swept, the workbenches bare. 
Sales had been brisk, filling staff with elation As they headed down south for their winter vacation. The new shiny sportbikes had all been sold out, And all that was left was an Indian Scout, A Norton Commando, a Rudge Multi too, And a black BMW R32, A Vincent, a Matchless, and Velocette, And a drippy old Brough that wouldn't start on a bet. 
"This stinks," said the Norton. "We're just as fine As those Japanese bikes the kids buy all the time." "You're right," said the Vincent as he grew agitated. "All I need is to get my back tire inflated, Then I could compete with the best of `em yet." "Me, too! I'm still fast," cried the old Velocette. "If someone was handy, somebody smart, They'd know how to fix us and get us to start." 
And so while they grumbled and whined and complained, They didn't notice a visitor came. He was dressed all in leather, black head to toe, And his helmet had reflective stickers that brightly glowed. His beard was snow-white. It reached to his chest. How he got in the door was anyone's guess. He looked them all over. "Merry Christmas!" he said. "Are you fellows available to pull my big sled?" 
"Who, us?" laughed the Matchless. "We're rusty and old. Nobody wants us, that's why we're not sold. Kids want electric, not our old kickstarts. These young punks think we're just bikes for old farts." "My Lucas headlight hasn't worked well in years," Said the Rudge. "And my gearbox is missing some gears. I'd be much obliged if you'd look at my choke. And the earthing brush in my magneto is broke." "My mix is too rich, I think," said the Beemer. "Does anyone know how to set the carb leaner?" 
Then Santa said, "Hey, stop the whining, you guys. You're legends and history in many men's eyes. So what if you're rusty and don't look brand new? Hypermotards and `Busas wouldn't be here without you." 
Then the vintage bikes lights started glowing with pride. And the Norton Commando said, "Let's take a ride!" "I'm ready, let's go, come on!" said the Brough. "Let's get it in gear and show `em our stuff." They took to the road, their pipes roared like thunder. And Santa sat back in his sled, filled with wonder. And he said as he watched them race into the night, "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a safe ride."
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
« Reply #12 on: 24.12. 2009 16:51 »
Where ever you are I wish each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas, and a happy and prosperous New Year.

John

Offline NickSR

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #13 on: 25.12. 2009 00:24 »
Hi Everyone

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Regards
Nick
Notts
England
1962 Super Rocket
1955 BSA C11G
1998 BMW R850R

Offline flashblack

• West Devon, England
  • A's Good Friend
  • 1959 golden flash
« Reply #14 on: 25.12. 2009 09:40 »
Wishing everyone on this excellent forum every happiness for now and the coming year

Richie
1959 golden flash
1949 B31 plunger